What is Botox?
Botox is an injectable that uses a powerful muscle-relaxant (onabotulinumtoxinA) in order to treat fine lines and wrinkles. As we age, fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet all develop because our facial muscles experience a lot of movement. With decades of constant muscle contractions, our skin’s elasticity wears down and it becomes harder for our muscles to bounce back to their natural, relaxed state. By allowing the muscles to rest, Botox will smooth out the fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
Depending on the areas that you’d like to treat, Dr. Pearl Yee will inject onabotulinumtoxinA (a safe, purified protein) into your facial muscles.
What does Botox treat?
Botox is a great solution for:
- Crow’s Feet – the wrinkles that form in the corner of your eyes when you squint
- Vertical Frown Lines – aka the 11’s, the diagonal lines that form between your brow
- Horizontal Forehead Lines – the visible wrinkles when you raise your eyebrows
- Smoker’s Lines – the lines that form when you pucker your lips
- Neck Bands – the lines that form on your neck when you speak and smile
How long will the results last?
Results usually last up to 3 months when treating the forehead.* For the other areas of the face, repeated treatments will be needed but eventually less and less onabotulinumtoxinA will be required.
Is it safe?
This is a common and understandable question. Botox is only as safe as the injector. When scheduling treatments, you need a qualified physician you can trust. Dr. Yee has the experience and expertise to safely and effectively provide this injectable. Additionally, your body will metabolize onabotulinumtoxinA, so no traces will remain when it wears off.
If you live in Marin County or the surrounding area, please use the button below to schedule your consultation. We can discuss any questions or concerns that you have.
* Individual results may vary; not a guarantee.Schedule Now