What is a female health screening?
Female health screenings cover a series of tests that will help us find conditions and diseases early enough so that we can treat them more easily. The US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and NIH Institutes recommend screenings for the following:
- Blood Pressure – to be checked every 2 years, at least.
- Cholesterol Levels – we recommend that women 45 and older should have their cholesterol checked regularly. If you smoke, or if you have a family history of heart disease or diabetes, we recommend getting your cholesterol checked around the age of 20.
- Colon cancer – to be checked starting at the age of 50.
- Depression Screenings
- Diabetes – recommended for those with high cholesterol and/or blood pressure.
- Mammograms – to be done every 1-2 years starting at the age of 40.
- Osteoporosis Tests – recommended for patients in their 60s.
- Pap Smears – recommended every 1-3 years if you have been sexually active or if you are older than 21.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Health screenings for women in Northern California
To schedule your health screening, use the Schedule Now button below or give us a call at (415) 461-1949. We provide OB-GYN services to women in Northern California, San Francisco, the East Bay, Marin County, Sonoma County, Napa and the surrounding areas.
*We do not quote aesthetic prices over the phone, and pricing is talked about at your initial consultation. An initial consultation is $250 that can be applied to treatments.